Christian and I have had a running debate for a while. I say this tastes like Protein Nutella, but he says otherwise. Granted it is not exactly the same thing buuuuut, I feel it is damn close enough! My evidence? We tend to eat it out of the container with a spoon in hand, AND we fight over it.
I do plan on trying hazelnuts at some point to make it even MORE like Nutella. Ha! Suck it Christian. He won’t be able to deny it then.
It was also a fun experience to share this wonderful delicious chocolatey-ness with family today. As we had the Mister’s family over for brunch today (will post more about that), I figured it would be fun for everyone to try it for the first time together! My oh my, the reactions were hilarious.
I love making this because it is just so damn easy and so damn delicious I can’t even. It is based off a recipe found here, that’s been altered a bit to my tastes. I make it once a week or every other week. I love it as a snack in-between clients (something quickly to shove in my mouth to fend off starvation) or as a go-to for when I have deep chocolate or sweet cravings. Delicious and fairly nutritious. Christian can often be found cradling the bowl in front of the TV… as am I.
Well, that’s all for my ramblings. Here’s the recipe that may be the end of life as you know it. You. Are. Welcome.
1.5 cup of ground almonds
1 cup of chocolate protein powder
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
dash of cinnamon
1/2 cup of coconut milk
2-3 tbsp of coconut oil, melted
3 tbsp raw buckwheat honey
Optional: shredded coconut or cocoa powder
- Add in all dry ingredients, ground almonds, protein powder, cocoa powder, salt and cinnamon. Blitz until well combined.
- In a medium sized bowl, combine coconut milk, coconut oil and honey until it’s well mixed together.
- Pour in wet ingredients to the food processor and start!
- Working with a spatula, occasionally pause and scrap down the sides of the bowl to make sure it is all well combined.
- To make balls, refrigerate the concoction for an hour or more to make it more stable to roll into balls! Then roll ball in shredded coconut or cocoa powder for additional yumminess.
- Otherwise, transfer mixture into a large container and dig in with a spoon! That’s how we do it at home. Spoon in hand and Big Bang Theory playing = great night in.